Recently, one of my favorite breakfasts during quarantine has been chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding is so delicious and so healthy. After my morning walk and workout, I start to naturally crave it! It’s creamy and totally satisfying. I am obsessed. The best part is that it is so easy to make and takes less than 5 minutes! It’s the perfect breakfast or afternoon pick me-up.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are extremely healthy and I try to incorporate them into my daily diet. Some benefits of chia seeds include:
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants!
- They are high in fiber.
- Chia seeds are high in Omega-3s.
- They are almost tasteless and can easily be incorporated into meals!
How to make a delicious and healthy chia seed pudding
It is so easy to make chia seed pudding and so quick! It takes less than 5 minutes. If you are a person that’s always on the go in the morning or you crave something sweet, then I highly encourage you to try having chia seed pudding. You won’t regret it!
- 1 to 1/2 cup of berries of your choice (my favorite to use are raspberries or strawberries)
- 1 cup almond milk
- Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 to 2 dates for sweetness (you can also use 1 or 2 tablespoons of maple syrup)
- dash of vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
Instructions for Easy Chia Seed Pudding:
- Blend all ingredients together on the highest setting for about a minute or two.
- Transfer to a mason jar or bowl.
- Add chia seeds and stir them into the smoothie.
- Let the chia seed smoothie mixture sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, preferably overnight.
Let me know in the comments below if you have tried chia pudding before or if you end up recreating this recipe! If you do I hope you enjoy it!