I am a coffee addict and love the taste of delicious lattes! Whenever I travel, I always try to find cute coffee shops with good quality coffee and lattes. (Here is my guide to the best coffee shops in Chicago)! Lately, I have been saving a lot of money by making my own lattes at home. In this post, I’m sharing how I make my delicious and easy lattes at home using my Nespresso Machine!
Nespresso Vertuo Plus Coffee Machine Review
I use the Nespresso® by De’Longhi Vertuo Plus Coffee and Espresso Maker which is phenomenal. The Vertuo Plus features dual capsules for brewing either coffee or espresso at the touch of a button. With the Nespresso machine, you can make coffeehouse drinks at home that are amazing quality and taste delicious. The Nespresso machine is perfect for entertaining. There are many different capsule varieties to choose from so there is something for every taste. You can make custom cups of coffee that all of your guests will love! I have been saving a lot of money by having this machine because I can make all of my favorite coffee drinks at home.
What You Need to Make Your Latte at Home
- Coffee machine – As mentioned earlier I use the Nespresso Vertuo Plus machine. My mom has the original Nespresso Vertuo machine and the coffee tastes just as delicious. The only difference I have noticed is that the original machine has a smaller water reservoir.
- Milk Frother – I use the Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother that came with my Nespresso machine. I found many more affordable options online like this one here which has great reviews. Alternatively, you can simply heat up your milk or half & half on the stove and then froth it using a handheld frother like this one. They work just as well!
- Nespresso Capsules – One of the reasons why I love the Nespresso machine is because you can make many different types of coffee with the Nespresso coffee pods. There is so many different varieties to choose from: from white lattes, espressos, dark roast coffees to flavored coffees like vanilla and hazelnut. They also always have seasonal flavors like Pumpkin Spice Cake for fall & Peppermint for winter. So delicious!
- Your Choice of Milk or Creamer – I like to use either an almond milk based creamer or half & half. I prefer the taste of the latte with half & half as it is more traditional and so creamy!
- Coffee Mug – One of my favorite ways to enjoy my cup of coffee is sipping it from an Insulated Double Walled Coffee Mug. I feel fancy and I love how pretty the coffee looks! I have these ones that are in the shape of a heart and they are so adorable! I love drinking my coffee out of them!
- Your Choice of Sweetener – I sweeten my lattes with organic brown sugar or coconut sugar. My goal is to eventually wean off using sweetner in my coffee but for now I really enjoy it sweet!
How to Make the Perfect Easy and Delicious Latte At Home
The first step is to froth your choice of milk or creamer. I pour half & half into the milk frother and let it steam and froth until the frother shuts off automatically. Next, I pour the froth steamed milk into my insulated coffee mug and place the coffee mug on the stand of the Nespresso machine. I insert the Nespresso Capsule of my choice into the machine and press the start button to begin the coffee making process. If you want to achieve that layered coffee look, it is important to add the steamed milk into your mug first! At this point, my coffee looks so pretty and I usually snap of a photo for it to share on my Instagram stories! Hahaha. Then, I add sugar and stir the coffee. I think the coffee tastes more delicious and the flavor and intensity of the coffee is more even after stirring it so don’t skip this step while you’re enjoying your coffee!
Let me know in the comments below how you like your coffee! My boyfriend prefers plain coffee with milk and does not like these types of fancy coffees at all! I think life is too short to drink bad coffee and absolutely love the fancy lattes! I could drink one or two a day and be very content!