Lately as I have been browsing and shopping online, I have noticed that fall fashion is taking over the stores again and my Instagram feed for that matter… 😉 I’m not mad about it though as I absolutely love autumn and fall fashion. It’s one of my favorite times of the year. But seeing as we are still in August and it is still extremely hot here in the Midwest, I haven’t shopped for any new fall items just yet. I think it’s not necessary as the best way to prepare your closet for autumn is simply by transitioning your summer wardrobe to fall fashion.
Here are my top 5 tips on how to transition your summer wardrobe into fall:
- Swap out sandals for cute booties.
- Layer your tanks, dresses and skirts with cute and warm cardigans. (Bonus: Wear stockings or pantyhose for extra warmth).
- Accessorize with chic hats and scarves.
- Incorporate blazers into your outfits.
- Intermix fall colors like burgundy, warm browns and greys into your outfits.