Fall is my favorite season for multiple reasons. I think it creates so much beauty all around us and I love the profund symbolism of autumn: I think it reminds us that change is beautiful, necessary and we should embrace it in the best possible way.
Below I share with you my top 10 reasons why fall is the best season of them all!
- Fall Foliage – Every year I fall in love with the beautiful colors of fall. I’m obsessed with the burgundy and gold trees. They look so scenic and beautiful. This fall I had the chance to visit Europe and it was absolutely magical this time of the year!
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes – I love a good pumpkin spice latte. This year I’ve been making my own version at home and not only is it delicious, but also much healthier than the ones sold at coffee shops. To make the homemade pumpkin spice latte, I simply heat up soy milk, a teaspoon of canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice, maple syrup and a strong coffee or nespresso. It is so delicious!
- Fall Hallmark Movies – I typically only watch Hallmark movies when it is chilly outside. That’s why, fall is the perfect time to start watching them. I love how they are all such feel good movies and always put me in a better mood.
- Rainy days curled up with a book and tea – Even rainy autumn days can be beautiful. I love reading my books with a warm cup of tea next to my dog on a rainy fall day. It is so relaxing and totally energizes my soul.
- Stepping on crunchy leaves – SO SATISFYING! I love doing this when I take my dog out on walks.
- Perfect temperatures for outdoor runs and walks – I think fall weather gives us the best opportunity to spend time outdoors. It is not too hot and not too cold, making it the perfect weather to go on walks or long runs.
- Crisp mornings – I love taking walks in the morning when the sun has just risen up and it seems like nature all around us is just waking up. It’s one of my favorite ways to start my day.
- Fall Decor – I am obsessed with decorating for fall. The little pumpkins, squashes and fall leaves add so much charm to any room. I recently picked up beautiful Cinderella pumpkins for my bedroom and they are so dreamy!
- Fall Candles – To go along with fall decor, I absolutely love lighting up a fall scented candle in a room. One of my favorite fall scents is a classic: Sweater Weather from Bath and Body Works. I am terrible at describing scents but I would say it has woody, musk scent that is just divine.
- Honeycrisp Apples – They are my favorite and in season during fall. I love eating them with almond butter. It is one of my favorite snacks.
Let me know in the comments below why you love (or don’t like) autumn. I’d love to hear. In the meantime, I leave you with a quote that highlights the magic of fall:
“Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.”
– Shira Tamir